There are several different bonds the Bond Department processes:
- Commercial Bonds – Are posted by a Bail Bond Company
- Property Bonds – individuals can use their immovable property located in Louisiana to post bail for a defendant. Copies of instructions are on the link.
- Cash Bonds – are posted by an individual with the bond clerk.
- Personal Surety Bond Undertaking (PSBU) bonds – are approved by the Judge
- Release on Recognizance (ROR) bonds – are approved by the Judge
The Bond Department hours of operation and location:
8:00am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday
2700 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119 – Room 104
8:00am – 11:00pm Monday – Friday
9:00am – 11:00pm Saturday & Sunday
9:00am – 7:00pm Holiday Schedule
Our bond clerk will be located at the Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office